Hi everyone,

We received 19” of new snow before opening today and there is more on the way. The Stevens Pass team showed up early this morning and got to work before the sun came up to get the mountain ready to welcome guests. As patrol finished snow safety work, we were able to get all lifts on the frontside open throughout the morning. The backside remained closed today due to snow safety concerns, and the team will continue snow mitigation through this storm and will reopen the backside when conditions allow. We appreciate your understanding and patience as we work through this storm cycle, and we’ll do our best to open as much terrain as safely as possible. We also had a few wind holds today and closed early when our partners at WSDOT informed us that HWY 2 would be closing.

We anticipate WSDOT will schedule avalanche control work on HWY 2 tomorrow morning, which may impact our opening time. We will provide an update by 8am tomorrow morning as road and mountain conditions unfold.

As a friendly reminder, Lots A & G will be reserved for vehicles with 4+ occupants tomorrow (Wednesday), and possibly Thursday and Friday if we receive the amount of snow forecasted. For real-time parking-only updates, you can sign up for text alerts by texting “Start” to 360-300-1768. Please check WSDOT for the most up-to-date road conditions and requirements before heading out, and be prepared for variable conditions.

Stay safe, ski with a buddy and see you soon,


📷 Adam Sanders